Q3 Key Tax Deadlines for Business and Employers
As the third quarter of 2019 is upon us, here are some important tax-associated deadlines for businesses and employers. Be aware that this list is generalized, so you may have to do some research to find out if any other deadlines are applicable to you. If you need assistance, you can contact us to learn about your situation’s filing requirements and crucial dates.
- Report the second quarter of 2019’s income tax withholding and FICA taxes (Form 941) and pay any due taxes. (You may be qualified for the exception below, under “August 12”, for this deadline.)
- File a 2018 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- If you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due, you qualify to report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the second quarter of 2019 (Form 941) by this date.
- If you have, or are a part of, a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2019 estimated income taxes.
- If you have, or are a part of, a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2018 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2018 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Visit the IRS for more information HERE.