Gary is a Certified Public Accountant who specializes in tax strategy, forensic accounting, and litigation support. He is a forensic accounting expert who has testified throughout California. Clients Gary has worked with include members of the entertainment community, closely held corporations, corporate executives, attorneys, and medical professionals.
Educated at the University of Southern California, Gary earned his undergraduate degree in Accounting and an MBA in Taxation and Finance in 1977. After graduating, he garnered additional experience, knowledge and technical training at Arthur Young & Co. before founding CAPATA in 1986.
Gary has taught numerous continuing education and university-level courses in tax and accounting services for these prestigious organizations:
- California CPA Society
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Southern California
- University of California, Los Angeles
In 2010, Gary was recognized by the California CPA Society when he received their Public Service award for his record of commitment to public service through participation in charitable, governmental, and volunteer work.
Gary’s community activities have included:
- City Council Member, and former Mayor of Laguna Niguel (2007 & 2011)
- City Council Liaison to the Laguna Niguel Traffic and Transportation Commission; Investment, Banking and Audit Committee; and the Parks and Recreation Commission
- Orange County Fire Authority Board, Budget and Finance Committee Chair
- Saddleback College Foundation
- Board of Trustees – Group Insurance Trust CAL – CPA
- Laguna Niguel Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, Lion’s Club